Imagine prisons as places of education, healing and community. Imagine camaraderie between prison residents and correctional officers.
We have a comprehensive plan to bring compassion, trauma-informed and trauma-responsive tools to everyone on both sides of the bars in prisons. To get involved or for more information, please contact us today.
The project includes:
- 6-part Trauma-informed curriculum for incarcerated men and women
- 8-part Trauma-responsive training for correctional officers and staff
- Educational programming via digital tablets
- Computer Center - Digital Literacy classes to prepare residents for a changing world
- Compassion Library - Trauma-theory and trauma healing authors highlighted
- Art Supplies
- Musical Instruments
- Gardening boxes, etc
- Quiet Room - including beautifying furniture and art for the walls of the common space
- Yoga Mats and blocks
- Photography center - Digital Cameras - Printers